Tuesday 8 May 2012

a baby bonnet...

... for no baby in particular! I just have one basket of wool waiting to be knitted, and it is all remnants of balls used for previous makes. I don't think this amount of wool is too worrying. Unlike my piles of fabric... Anyway, last week I looked through my knitting books and decided which projects would be nice to try that would help use up these bits of wool. A lot of my knit books are for babies, and this suits the small amounts of leftover wool. And though I don't have any newborns to knit presents for right now I know of a few who will be arriving this autumn.

So, here is the modern baby bonnet from Hadley Fierlinger's vintage knits for modern babies. Dreamy patterns!





Obviously would look much better on a baby's head, but no babies around here to model. I do hope it fits a baby OK! Both the brown and olive green wool are bits of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino left over from a cardigan knitted for Patch from a few years ago. And finished with a button from my Great Gran's button tin. Lovely.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment