Thursday 28 June 2012

Knitted shoes for teeny feet

Continuing the attempt to use up some of my wool pile I knitted two pairs of teeny shoes




The first are the sandals from Debbie Bliss' baby cashmerino booklet. Made to fit ages 3-12 months. Oh my, I'll be lucky if mine fit a Tiny Tears though it is now over five years since I cuddled Patch's newborn feet and his weren't the most typical. So maybe they would fit a newborn for a few weeks...

The pattern is constructed with far too many ends to sew in for my liking, and even the teensiest of buttons was a struggle to fit in the buttonhole so probably not a pattern I will knit again. However...





These were a dream to knit. This time the pattern is the Ruby Slippers from Hadley Fierlinger's Vintage Knits though mine are distinctly un-Ruby like as I had yet more of the green wool to use up. Only a small ball remains, not enough for even a baby knit though maybe a small crochet hexagon for a future blanket... These are the smaller size and the only change I made to the pattern was to use the length of the button band given for the larger size. Both shoes have buttons from Great Gran's button box.

So my plan is to gift these to one of the newborns due this Autumn with an older sister. If the first shoes are really too small then they can be a gift for older sister's doll...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment