Monday 17 September 2012

Little baby sweater and bloomers for baby Cecilia

Hmmm... these were meant to be put together but really, bloomers in late September? I did start these in the summer when bloomers were maybe a more appropriate item of clothing. Do hope the mild weather lasts for a little while longer so Cecilia gets to wear them. Though I would dress baby in these with some tights underneath in chilly weather. The top is easily cosied up too with a long sleeve vest. But now for the next problem - the bloomers have made up rather small and the knit rather large...





I used a bloomers pattern from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby for babies newborn to six months. Let's hope! The only change to the pattern was to use a contrast fabric for the leg bindings - not that these will be seen but looks sweet.




Both gingham and floral are from my fabric pile. An oh-so-simple pattern.

As is Purl Bee's Little Baby Sweater




The tension sample knitted up as should but the finished make is a little wider than the pattern. Hmmm. Sweet though but hope it looks sweet still with a baby inside. The knit is for newborn to six months, but I think rather large. I used some red bamboo wool from my basket and white buttons from Great Gran's button tin. Hope you like your makes baby Cecilia.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment