Monday 3 March 2014

A pom pom-less woolly hat

Oh my, I wasn't sure I had it in me but this hat remains without pom-pom and for that I think Mr R is perhaps rather grateful.
This time I knitted the twisted rib beanie from Jenny Lord's Purls of Wisdom, using Rico fashion country aran in aubergine and Rico essentials soft merino aran in mouse grey. I prefer the merino aran, the aubergine is just a bit sheddy and scratchy. I followed the suggested adaption to make the beanie into a fisherman style... that is I added extra rows so the contrast could be turned up.

 And I do like those twisted ribs. My attempts at photographing this hat without a head just didn't show those nice twists, and you may wonder why the hat is squashed into the corner of the chair, propped up with a cushion. Well, I found that in the absence of a head a balloon makes for an adequate substitute. This probably isn't true for all situations where a head is normally required, but for modelling woolly makes it really is fine. Here is the photograph I have including a head, but with the general gloominess it is rather dark!



2 comments:

  1. It's lovely....just needs a pom-pom ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you agree! I see no point in a pom-pom-less hat... like coffee and a chat with friends without cake...

      Delete