Monday 22 September 2014

Feeling autumnal...

The first of the snug wooly makes! Made on a rather hot September day...
A half hour or so lost on Ravelry came up with Lion brand yarn's Yorkshire cowl. I was looking for a chunky cowl to crochet, that was a free pattern. Reading people's comments I decided this was the one as they said it came up small. Perfect as this was being made for one of P's newly eight year old friends.

Another half hour or so lost in the local wool shop didn't result in any chunky chunky wool I liked and so this is made with the chunky Wendy merino pure ultra soft wool held double. I used the 10mm hook recommended in the pattern and I think this has come out slightly chunkier than the original, so extra snug. And pretty... the delicious sounding rhubarb colour. And oh my this is a quick make!

Happy birthday, Sophie!

No comments:

Post a Comment