Tuesday 31 March 2015

Welly warmers

If you know me, and have had a birthday this winter, then the chances are I have knitted you some welly warmers. I do hope that it's not just me that loves the idea of these - my wellies gape a little around my legs, and yet I couldn't fit a super chunky pair of socks on, so the welly warmer is just the thing as it stops before the foot. I love them!
 This is a Ravelry pattern - the sweatshop of love's welly warmers. I used the same wool recommended in the pattern, Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. A good choice of colours, it really does knit up quick on those chunky needles, and they only use one ball of wool
So far I have used citron, cranberry, denim and grey marble
 Once you have chosen which colour to use then there is the joy of the buttons... Now I just have to decide which colour to knit for myself...


2 comments:

  1. Hi ..this is my first time commenting here. These boot toppers are looking really nice. I am crocheting it too for my daughter.I like the one in denim and cranberry color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment... just sorry it has taken such an age to reply! Welly warmers were a fun and quick make, though I think my favourite part may have been choosing the buttons!

      Delete