Monday 29 June 2015

The first foldover clutch of many

Any slightly treasured scrap of fabric is no longer safe if there is enough to be made into a foldover clutch bag. And I get to see the fabric rather than it be precariously balanced in one of the teetering piles!

I first saw a how-to for a delightful doily foldover clutch on skirt as top blog (and have been intending to make one for me for an age) and then the equally delightful addition of a faux leather accent on the equally delightful you and mie blog. Perfect present making!
 I remembered this fabric being somewhere in a pile and wanted to pair it with a colourful leatherette - difficult to find. This came from an Etsy seller TaimarsGlitter - if anyone knows of other places to buy leatherette please let me know! Oh gosh, just to add that I had no problems with this seller, in fact postage was rather speedy, but I would like a greater range of colours. And heavy weight jeans zips!

As the lining is made from a heavier weight mustard fabric I chose not to add interfacing, and I added some zipper tabs in the same mustard. Other than that I think I followed the tutorial.
So easy, so nice to use I may have already made three and am planning to make them as P's thank you  gifts for school this summer. You will be seeing many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment