Friday 3 March 2017

A collection of coffee pot cosies

Because all coffee pots deserve to be cosy. Here are ours in their wintertime cosies
 A pattern used before here and here. Oh, they look remarkably similar. The pattern is Cafetière Coffee Cosy from Jenny Lord's Purls of Wisdom. This is an easy pattern to adapt according to dimensions of coffee pot in need of cosying by changing the number of repeats. After the first cosy knitted I chose not to include the button loops, instead just poking the buttons through a gap in the stitches.

The next is one made for the other Mrs Robinson as a Christmas gift - the other Mr Robinson isn't such a fan of coffee, so a mini coffee pot parcelled up with some delicious coffee seemed just the thing. Again, the wool is from the basket (so satisfying) and is Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift held double with sock yarn left over from making Em's socks
And then I made some more because the teeny leftover balls of Spindrift had been in the basket for too long and because coffee pots also need more springlike cosies. I patiently explained to Mr R that it is perfectly reasonable to have seasonal cosies for our coffee pots. And a great reason to put pink buttons with that blue wool

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Mr R thinks I'm slightly barmy, spending my days making cosies for coffee pots... especially seasonal cosies!

      Delete
  2. They are just charming. I also really like your white coffee pots. I should make one of these as I am always moaning about how fast our cafetiere cools down. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do! I'm sure they do keep coffee warmer, something I informed Mr R of, though he still looked bemused that I should make such a thing. The makes at the moment are all using up teeny scraps of leftover yarn and it is so satisfying...

      Delete
  3. Buy Teton Watch | Titanium Hockey for sale online
    It is one of the titanium bmx frame leading manufacturers titanium hair trimmer of raw titanium professional hockey titanium bars gear in the titanium headers industry, ensuring that you have the best hockey experience possible. The unique titanium

    ReplyDelete